BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 23, 2011

Real Life: Yesterday was NOT my day!

Yesterday was probably one of the scariest days of my life! My whole life I have always been afraid of storms because of tornadoes! When I was younger every time it would storm one of my aunts or uncles would tell me a tornado was coming and was going to blow our house away and scare the crap out of me! So now even though I'm 26 storms still scare me!


Over the weekend, my husband was gone alll day on both Friday and Saturday working! Sunday he was "sick" so he stayed home and we decided to have a nice family day! We went and played mini golf and then got pizza! We were on your way to Walmart to get some frosting for some cupcakes that I made when I noticed a HUGE dark cloud floating overhead! We got a little closer and I decided Walmart could wait I just wanted to get home!

We were driving for about 2 minutes and I started noticing the sky behind us was getting darker and darker! I look to my right when I was switching lanes and noticed what I think is a tornado in the near distance!!! I have never seen a tornado in real life and I never wanted to! SO I scream at my husband "What the *&#@ is that??????" and he replies "I think that is a tornado!". So of course I start freaking out being the crazy person that I am LOL. I start yelling "What am I supposed to do?" LOL so he told me to just keep driving! I keep going forward and it seems like these crazy clouds are following us so my husband tells me to make a turn and go a different way home. I switch lanes and get ready to turn in that direction and then I notice a huge cloud sweeping across that road so I hurry and get back into the other lane.

We continue on this road for about another 5-7 minutes(which would have been more like 15 minutes but I was going 80 in a 55 :/). Then we come to the road that we had to turn down to get home and I was fine for a minute until I look to the right and see a TON of these huge cloud masses touching the ground! Now these were not tornadoes but they were very close to turning into them! I really started freaking out when I realized we were literally RIGHT NEXT to a HUGE rock quarry that is now filled with water! The last thing I wanted was to be thrown into that! So once again I get up to about 80 and the wind was terrible! About 1 minutes later and it seemed these crazy clouds on the ground were allllll around us! After about 3 minutes FINALLY it all seemed to have swept over and was now behind us!

We FINALLY arrived at our house and watched the news for about an hour or so until the storm blew over! I seen the terrible devastation in Joplin, MO and I just thank God so much that that didn't happen here! They said there were close to 100 deaths! I just couldn't imagine going through something like that! It is terrible!

I pray that all these disasters can be over for a while now!

0 comments: