BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Real Life: A few laundry tips!

To start with, just let me say I hate doing laundry! Well actually I don't mind washing the laundry I just hate folding it and putting it away! I will be honest and tell you that a lot of the time the clothes stay in the baskets for days after they are folded! Half of the time I don't even fold them! Sounds lazy I know! I used to love doing laundry until I started doing someone else's laundry besides my own! When I started doing my husband's laundry I would fold them all and put them into different drawers depending on the item! Sock and boxers in one drawer, t-shirts in another, pants and shorts in a different drawer, and pajamas and sweaters in another drawer! Then I started noticing that he would try on a shirt and not like it so he would take it off and just throw it into whatever drawer he wanted and it made me mad! Then when my step son started dressing himself he would do the same thing! Now I got a husband and 3 kids that all like to do it! So I figure why fold them and put them away if they are just going to make a mess of them by the next day anyway?!


Now like I said the washing and drying part is not as annoying! I love to make sure that the clothes come out of the washer smelling fresh and clean! I use a few different brands of laundry soap! I used Arm&Hammer for about a whole year and a half, then I started using Purex, and now I have moved to Wisk! They all seem to leave your clothes smelling nice and they are all priced nicely also! I used to love Gain and Tide but they are too expensive for my budget!

I also use liquid fabric softener! The 2 that I use the most are Suavital(sp) and Gain! I do have a trick to saving on the liquid fabric softener which is great because I can spend a little more on it and it will last quite awhile! I had a few empty fabric softener bottles so what I do is divide 1 bottle of fabric seftener between 3 bottles! They should be about 1/3 of the way full! Then I fill the rest of the bottle with water and shake really well! Most fabric softener is concentrated so adding water will not hurt it any! Everytime I use the fabric softener I make sure to shake it really well first to make sure it is mixed well! Although I dilute it, you can still smell it very good on the clothes!

I also have a spray bottle that contains a mixture of about 1/3 cup liquid fabric softener and then fill the rest with water and shake well! I spray the clothes a bit while theyre still wet, as I throw them into the dryer! It helps with the static and adds more of the fresh smell to your clothes if you have a dryer like mine and can't use dryer sheets!
My dryer likes to eat dryer sheets so I don't use them! They end up getting sucked into the lint basket for some reason so that is why I spray the clothes before I start the dryer!

I hope you found this post helpful! Sorry I seemed to ramble on! I am a little tired and doing this and watching t.v. at the same time!

Stay tuned for more helpful tips!

0 comments: